Sunday, September 8, 2019

Neptun-Phi Aqr Planetary Conjunction September 5 ,2019

I find out about a planetary conjunction involving Neptun and the star Phi Aquarii from Steven Rigdon ,member of the ''60mmtelescopeclub'' yahoo group.
I checked imediately in the ''Celestial Calendar for September'' by Dave Mitsky.
And yes,the conjunction was predicted also there.


I made also the folowing three simulations in Stellarium for the nights of September 4 and 5 and 6.

Stellarium simulation for September 4  
Stellarium simulation for September 5  
Stellarium simulation for September 6 


My observations were made on September 4 and  5 ,using my home-made ''Ugly Duckling'' Dobsonian  of  125mm aperture @ F/6.9 using the magnification of 144x obtained with a Radian 6mm eyepiece.

''Ugly Duckling'' Dobsonian D=125mm F/6.9 with Beches mirror

On four of September I made a drawing while on fifth of September I took some pics using the aphocal method ,setting the Coolpix S3300 camera over the Seben 8-24mm zoom eyepiece.
The chosen focal length on the eyepiece was the lowest ,the 24mm.
Visualy ,on both ocasions,there were more stars visible in the same field with Neptun ,apart of  Phi Aqr.
The Coolpix was able to record only a 8,95 mv star aside Neptune and Phi Aqr.
Anyway,the image was very nice ,worth to remember !

This is the real thing,Neptun close to Phi Aqr ,recorded with my humble compact S3300 camera.

Neptun-Phi Cas Conjunction on September 5 ,2019
Neptun-Phi Cas Conjunction on September 5 ,2019,labeled

Now ,let be honest !
All the hassle to do this bit of AP is very anoying and boring for your truly !
To make me feel I didn't ruined an otherwise clear and good for observing night ,I had to take with the same gear pics of some of beloved double stars.
Here we go...

Albireo

Alpha Cas

Delta Lyr
Nu Dra

STT 329 ,close to Rho Her

Zeta Lyr


No comments:

Post a Comment